Minecraft Java Edition is a sandbox video game that is written in the Java programming language and developed by Mojang Studios. Markus Persson is the person who is behind this world popular game. It was released in May 2009 for PC. Minecraft Java Edition Free Download works across platforms, like Windows laptop/ PC, macOS, Android devices, iPhone, Xbox, and PlayStation.
It also allows users to explore terrains and build a virtual world using blocks and other resources. It is an educational game because it enhances creativity, collaboration, problem-solving skill. Due to its high demand, it is a high paid game. In this section, we are going to discuss Minecraft Java Edition Free Download.
Features of Minecraft Java Edition Free Download
- It is available for Windows, Linux, macOS, and Android.
- It supports user-created skin and mods.
- Compatible with Realms for Java Edition.
- It frequently receives updates via the game launcher.
System Requirements For Minecraft Java Edition Free Download
Before downloading the Minecraft Java Edition Free Download, you should ensure the following system requirements:
The minimum requirement of the hardware for Minecraft Java Edition Free Download is:
- Processor: Intel Core i3-3210 3.2 GHz/ AMD A8-7600 APU 3.1 GHz or equivalent
- GPU (Integrated): Intel HD Graphics 4000 (Ivy Bridge) or AMD Radeon R5 series (Kaveri line) with OpenGL 4.4*
- GPU (Discrete): Nvidia GeForce 400 Series or AMD Radeon HD 7000 series with OpenGL 4.4
- RAM: 4GB
- HDD: At least 1GB for game core, maps, and other files.
- OS: Windows, Linux or macOS
If you are using Minecraft version 1.12, the minimum required Java version is 8. If we don’t know the Java version of your system, the Minecraft installer will install the latest version of Java by default.
Note: Some Minecraft users have issues because of the mismatch version of Java and their operating system. It also creates a problem if there are multiple Java versions is installed in the system.
Minecraft Java Edition Free Download
For Minecraft Java Edition Free Download, follow the steps given below:
- Go through the link https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/download.
- Click on the DOWNLOAD FOR WINDOWS button for the Windows platform, else scroll down the page, and click on the platform that you are using now.
- After clicking, it starts downloading the MinecraftInstaller.msi file. Now open the file by double click on it and give permission to run on your system. Then Minecraft Launcher Setup wizard appears on the screen. Click on the Next button.
- Select the location where you want to install Minecraft and click on the Next button. Most of the people install it on C:\Program Files (x86)\Minecraft Launcher\
- Click on the Install button to start the installation process.
- During the installation process, a dialogue box will appear on the screen that asks for installing Minecraft. Click on the Yes button to install.
- Click on the Finish button to complete the installation process.
- When you click on the Finish button, it automatically starts downloading the update files.
After downloading the update files, Minecraft Launcher will appear on the screen.
There is a language changing option at the top left corner of the Minecraft Launcher. You can continue with the launcher with or without credentials.
But I will advise you to create an account to log in. If you have already an account then log in with the EMAIL and PASSWORD, else click on the Signup link.
We can also continue without credentials by clicking on the link CONTINUE WITHOUT LOGIN.
When you click on CONTINUE WITHOUT LOGIN, it shows a message to buy Minecraft for full access. If you want to purchase click on the Buy now! button, else click on the PLAY button. After clicking the PLAY button, it again asks for a login. So, I recommend you to Sign-up first to play the game. I don’t have a MOJANG ACCOUNT, so I am going to Click on the Sign-up button.
After clicking, we land on the following page.
After that give your Email, Repeat email address, Password, Date of Birth in the above sections, and click on the CREATE ACCOUNT button. The Mojang Studio sends an OTP to your email address. After giving the verification code in the box and click on the VERIFY button.
The credential is generated for your Mojang account. Now, go to the Minecraft Launcher and provide your credentials to log in. After login, it starts downloading some files or data from the server.
To start Minecraft, double click on the Minecraft desktop icon.
It starts with version 1.16.1. Now you can play the game by clicking on the Play Demo World button.
The following image shows the game is loading.
The below image shows the actual game window. Use the keys W, A, S, D, and spacebar to control the game.
Now, Enjoy the game!
Minecraft Java Edition has been out now. In this article, we have discussed how to download and install Minecraft Java Edition. You will get lots of features in the Minecraft Java Edition Free Download.