WhatsApp doesn’t offer any in-built feature that allows you to read deleted WhatsApp messages. However, there are many third-party apps that allow you to read all the deleted WhatsApp messages.
Guess what? You can also reply to your friend with a deleted messages.
How To See Deleted WhatsApp Messages On iPhone
In this article, I’m going to describe 3 different methods on how to see deleted WhatsApp messages on iPhone. All of the methods are easily applicable and confirmed before posting them here. So choose one that works for you.
Method 1: How To See Deleted WhatsApp Messages On iPhone With Chat Backup
1. Settings within WhatsApp > Chats > Chat Backup, Set the chat backup frequency between never, daily, weekly or monthly, or use the Back Up Now button for immediate backup. Also, check that the last backup includes the latest messages.
2. To see the deleted messages on WhatsApp, you first have to uninstall WhatsApp.
3. Then, reinstall the app from App Store.
4. Enter your phone number and then you will find the recovery button to recover your chat history.
5. Wait some minutes for this process and then formerly deleted messages are displayed.
The above steps are the most dependable and recommended method of reading a deleted WhatsApp message.
Method 2: How To See Deleted WhatsApp Messages On iPhone Directly from iPhone
1. Download and install the Syncios Data Recovery program on your computer.
Note: please make sure iTunes has been installed on your computer for running Syncios Data Recovery program properly, but you do not need to run it.
2. Connect your iPhone device to your computer and then run Syncios Data Recovery.
3. Then below window will be shown.
4. To Start scanning your iOS device, first the program will start analyzing and scanning all the data on your iPhone, then the process will take some minutes. Please tick the option WhatsApp and WhatsApp Attachments to retrieve deleted messages.
5. When the scanning is finished, you can found a preview of all data. Go to WhatsApp or WhatsApp Attachments checkbox on the window, and you can see all conversations and attachments. Just select those chats for some contacts you’d like to get back.
6. Click on the Recover to iPhone. The selected WhatsApp chats and attachments will be recovered to your iPhone.
Method 3: How To See Deleted WhatsApp Messages On iPhone From iTunes Backup File
- Click on Recover from iTunes Backup File and select your phone, and then click on the Start button to initiate.
2. Since the scanning process is completed, tick off WhatsApp or WhatsApp Attachments to start loading deleted data. Then, you will find all data are displayed in different types. Click WhatsApp or WhatsApp Attachments, then all WhatsApp conversations and media attachments will start showing. Just click on those files you want to recover and then click on the Recover to iPhone.
Syncios Data Recovery is a very useful tool, you can get back all deleted WhatsApp data from iTunes backup to your iOS devices without wiping current phone data. It also helps you to scan and recover lost WhatsApp data directly from your iOS devices.
Lastly, you are recommended to do a regular backup for your WhatsApp data that will always save a lot of problems.