How To Find Windows 10 Product Key Using Command Prompt: The days are past when we had Windows Installation CD/DVD with Product key carved on or imprinted on its container. It was custom to keep the Product key protected by either keeping the CD safe or composing the Product on a notepad and saving it safe someplace.
Nowadays PCs and laptops, bought straightforwardly from manufacturers accompany a preactivated version of Windows 10 (OEM), just those especially custom-built PCs would require a license key bought by means of an official channel to install or initiate Windows 10. There are numerous sources to purchase genuine product key contingent upon the Windows 10 SKU (home, master, enterprise version) you need to install.
The difficulty comes solely after you have bought the Windows permit key. At the point when you need to format your hard disk or replace it with another hard drive and need to reinstall Windows 10. In such cases, in the event that you have lost your Windows 10 key, there are not many approaches to recover Windows 10 product key. Here I will show you different methods of How To Find Windows 10 Product Key Using Command Prompt.
What’s a Windows 10 product key?
A Windows product key or license is a 25 digit code used to initiate your installation of Windows.
Some time ago, all you needed to do to discover your Windows item key was search for a sticker someplace on the machine.
Generally, you could discover the sticker on a work area PC, or adhered to the lower part of a PC:
Or, on the off chance that you purchased a physical copy of Windows, your product key would be included someplace for the crate:
How To Find Windows 10 Product Key Using Command Prompt
In the event that you need to get your product key from Windows, the easiest path is to do that is through the Windows Command Prompt.
1. To discover your Windows 10 product key utilizing the Command Prompt, you’ll need to open the command line application with administrative privileges. To do this, type “cmd” in the Windows search bar.
2. Command Prompt will appear in the search results. Then right-click on it and select “Run As Administrator” from the window that appears. If prompted, enter your Windows account password.
3. If you get a prompt about user access control click yes.
4. Once open, copy and paste the following command and then click on Enter key:
wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey
5. Your windows 10 product key will be shown on the screen. (Please note I have blurred my windows 10 product key for obvious reasons).
6. Alternatively, you can also run the below command in the Command Prompt terminal:
powershell "(Get-WmiObject -query ‘select * from SoftwareLicensingService’).OA3xOriginalProductKey"
Both of these commands endeavor to peruse your Windows product key from something called the OA3 BIOS marker. All in all, they may possibly work if Windows came preinstalled, and not on the off chance that you built the machine yourself and installed/activated Windows.
In the event that your product key isn’t saved to your BIOS/UEFI for reasons unknown, at that point, these commands will either throw an error or return an empty string. For this situation, or in the event that you favor a GUI, check the following strategy out.
How To Find Windows 10 Product Key With Software
You can use the software application called ‘PassFab’, it is possible to recover your product key. Follow the below steps-
1. Download PassFab from Here and install and launch the software.
2. On the main screen, click Get Key.
3. Your windows 10 serial will now be shown.
Once you’ve copied your product key save this somewhere and feel free to uninstall PassFab.
You can also use the below Third-party products to get the key-
So, these are the quick ways to find your Windows 10 product key.
Did any of these methods or programs work for you? Do you know another way to get your product key? Comment me below.