“Recently, I have switched to iPhone from an Android phone, so all I need to restore my WhatsApp data from the old phone to the new one. I have already backed up WhatsApp data to Google Drive. But How Do I Restore WhatsApp Chats From Google Drive Backup On An iPhone?”
Of course, WhatsApp’s versatility has made it one of the most popular messaging platforms as it offers voice and video calls, voice chats, and messaging and it’s available for all types of platforms, like Android, iOS, and desktop.
But when you switch from an Android to an iPhone, backup files from the Android version of WhatsApp aren’t compatible with the iOS version of WhatsApp.
But don’t worry!
You are at the right place to find this solution.
In this article, I will provide you with easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions on How Do I Restore WhatsApp Chats From Google Drive Backup On An iPhone.
How Do I Restore WhatsApp Chats From Google Drive Backup On An iPhone?
Methode 1: How Do I Restore WhatsApp Chats From Google Drive Backup On An iPhone Using Email
People who know the easy settings of WhatsApp in iPhone backup are aware of How Do I Restore WhatsApp Chats From Google Drive Backup On An iPhone. As there is no direct transfer option from Google drive to iPhone, you can do it by applying the following steps.
On your Android phone.
1. Download and install WhatsApp from Play Store.
2. Then log in to your WhatsApp account with all the credentials.
3. After login, you will get a dialogue box with the option “Restore”. Click on it.
4. After that, open “WhatsApp” again and click on the 3 dotted lines.
5. Click on the “Setting” option.
6. Open the “Chat” option followed by “Chat history“.
7. Next tap on the “Export chat” option.
8. You will have the option to Gmail through which you can send your data to yourself.
Now, you can open the email on your iPhone and get the WhatsApp details from there.
Methode 2: How Do I Restore WhatsApp Chats From Google Drive Backup On An iPhone Using MobileTrans
There is an easy method by using of MobileTrans – WhatsApp Transfer to transfer the backup WhatsApp from Android to iPhone. This is an amazing tool with amazing features in the phone to phone data transfer field.
Install this application on your computer to try out these steps. Follow all the steps carefully without any skips to ensure the successful completion of the procedure.
1. You have to transfer the backup content from Google Drive to Android Phone. Follow all the step by step guides given earlier in this article.
2. Go to the official website of MobileTrans and download the Windows version.
3. Connect both phones with your PC using the USB cable. You can use the normal charging cable to connect your Android phone with the PC. Ensure the connection is proper until the process ends.
4. On the home screen of MobileTrans, select the ‘WhatsApp Transfer’ option. It will lead to the next window as follows in the below image.
5. Tap the ‘WhatsApp’ in the left side and select ‘Transfer WhatsApp messages’ from the right displayed option. Then both of your devices will be displayed.
6. Select the “Start” option to transfer. The backup transfer begins and it will take some minutes. You will receive a message stating as ‘Backup completed’. If there is some disturbance in the connection that will interrupt the backup process.
7. Finally, you will receive a message ‘Your iPhone restore completed!‘.
At last, MobileTrans is the right backup tool to restore your data in a well-organized manner. Use this tool professionally to ensure successful data transfer. Back up your memorable WhatsApp chats on Google drive for a longer period without any issues. In this article, you had a clear picture of how do I restore WhatsApp chats from google drive backup on an iPhone. Follow the steps carefully for a successful transfer.