DirectX latest version download: DirectX is a free assortment of APIs (application programming interfaces) for programming graphics and sound. This permits developers, basically game developers, to handily make fully-featured games that run on Windows. Most clients aren’t in any event, going to see DirectX working – it simply runs when it needs to, without advising you. Cooperating with it in any case is somewhat more complex and will require programming skills.
DirectX is a specialized tool that assists game designers with interfacing sound and graphics cards. In spite of the fact that it very well may be introduced on any PC, most clients will not at any point need it. It runs when you play a game made with DirectX and that is it. You’re simply going to have to become acquainted with it better on the off chance that you need to program with it yourself. It has quite possibly the most spry runtime measures among this class.
Supported Operating Systems:
Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows ME, Windows 98, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows 2003, Windows 2000, Windows 10
English, German, Italian, Portuguese, Polish, Czech, Russian, Swedish, Chinese, Chinese Simplified, French, Dutch, Japanese
Key Highlights of DirectX latest version download
The following are the principle observable highlights of DirectX 11
- Tessellation Enabled.
- Shader Model 5.0.
- Direct Compute 11.
- HDR Texture Compression.
What is DirectX used for?
DirectX is a bunch of Windows interfaces. Developers program to the DirectX API, which lets their projects – regularly games – collaborate effectively with sound and graphics cards. Thusly, creators of sound and graphics cards perceive DirectX, so they realize what to do when a program made with DirectX gets to their capacities.
How to check the current DirectX version
Since DirectX doesn’t have an interface like other apps (it won’t appear in your apps list, for example), you’ll have to get a little more technical to check if it is already installed on your computer. To check, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click Run Or, press “Win + R” to open the Run dialog box
- Type dxdiag, and then click OK
- On the System tab, note the version of DirectX that is displayed on the DirectX Version line
- On the various tabs, check the version information for each DirectX file
- When you are finished checking file versions, click Exit
How to Download and Install DirectX
On the off chance that you find that DirectX isn’t installed on your PC (or the variant is old), you’ll need to download DirectX again to utilize it. The download is straightforward and how you may expect – you download and run the .exe as normal. The installation is slow, which may prove disappointing, and check out the application attempts to install Bing during installation.
1. Visit the DirectX download page on Microsoft’s site.
2. Select your preferred language from the drop-down box and then choose Download to save the setup file to your computer.
3. Open the dxwebsetup.exe file and complete the DirectX installation by following directions from Microsoft’s website or from the installation program. It should take less than a minute to install.
Read carefully through the setup procedure. You might be asked to install something else like the Bing Bar. Just uncheck whatever you’re not interested in to avoid installing it.
4. Restart your computer, even if you’re not prompted to do so.
5. After restarting your computer, test to see if updating to the latest version of DirectX corrected the problem you were having.
Who needs DirectX Latest Version Download?
There are two circumstances in which you may require DirectX.
- On the off chance that you play games on your PC that require DirectX to work. You may as of now have it.
- In case you’re programming things that need admittance to the sound and graphics cards, you may likewise require DirectX.
It merits remembering that DirectX isn’t the lone tool of its sort. There are other APIs that connect with graphic cards, and a considerable lot of them are more current. You can contrast this and a substantial application like Runtime, All things considered, in case you’re playing or developing specific games or on certain (probably older) machines, you may well need it.
2. Easy to install
3. Most users will have a really easy time using it
1. Installation is slow
2. Unnecessary for all but a very few
3. Not the most modern