There are lots of best music player for android, but which ones are actually worth using? In this article, I have given a closer look at some of the best options you should consider if you’re dissatisfied with your phone’s default music player. Most, but not quite all music player apps will give you the same phonetic quality, so the main things you should focus on for choosing a music player in this feature are design, greater customization, sound control and variety, and a lack of annoying advertising.
- Top Free Android Apps 2020 Available In Play Store
- Android 11 New Features 2020 | All You Need To Know
- PayPal How To Create Account 2020 | Easy Guide
Whether you are a musicophile or a casual listener, this list of best music player for android will surely enhance your listening experience.
Let the music roll! Here are the best music player for android.
These Are The Best Music Player For Android
Best Free Music Player App For Android
1. Best free music player app for android: Spotify
There are a lot of best music player for android streaming services that have tried to take Spotify’s crown, but none have been able to do so. This service has expanded into the world of podcasts, but it’s still easy to find new music to listen to, or play the tunes that fueled your childhood.
Spotify’s one of the best perspectives is that you can sign up for free and listen to your favorite music, albeit with limitations (including ads). Spotify Premium removes all those limitations and provides acolyte playlists to help you find more new music or to help you power through that workout session.
Since Spotify is available everywhere, you can start listening on your phone then pick up where you left off on your Assistant-enabled speaker. Spotify is the champ, and is one of the best music player apps for Android, so why don’t you give it a shot?
- Discover new music, albums, and podcasts
- Search for your favorite song, artist, or podcast
- Enjoy playlists made just for you
- Make and share your own playlists
- Find music for any mood and activity
- Listen on your mobile, tablet, desktop, PlayStation, Chromecast, TV, and speakers
2. Best free music player app for android: AIMP
AIMP is a famous and powerful mobile music app among the best music player for android. It supports most common music file types, including mainstays like FLAC, MP3, MP4, and others. You also get a host of customization options, theming, and other fun stuff like that.
The app has a simple UI and we had no problems getting around and listening to music. It keeps it simple with a decent Material Design interface. We also appreciated its outstanding equalizer, HTTP live streaming, and volume normalization. It’s definitely a step up from most basic music player apps. There is also a desktop version in case you want to kill two birds with a single app.
- Supported formats: AAC, APE, DFF, DSF, FLAC, IT, M4A, M4B, MO3, MOD, MP2, MP3, MP4, MPC, MPGA, MTM, OGG, OPUS, S3M, TTA, UMX, WAV, WEBM, WV, XM
- Balance control
- Playback speed control
- Themes: custom themes support
- Smart-playlists based on folders
- HTTP Live Streaming
- Integration with standard lock screen
- Widget for the desktop
- Widget for the notification area
3. Best free music player app for android: Musicolet Music Player
Say hi to Musicolet Music Player, another one among the free but good music apps for Android. It is really an amazing app among the best music player for android & you can install and use completely for free, as it is one of the most popular best free music player app for android.
Here, you don’t have to be tensed about irritating advertisements. With this app, you can listen to a huge number of songs and can move and copy them to your fonder that you can rename too. Besides, you can use it without any connection to the internet. So, let’s see what it offers.
- It requires no internet connection.
- Provides a fabulous widget and lock screen.
- Show lyrics and queues.
- It supports headset and earphones.
- Provides shortcut options and easy to search option.
- Supports sleep timers and folder browsing option.
4. Best free music player app for android: Pi Music Player
If you are looking for a cross-platform music app for android, then you can have a look at Pi Music Player. It is also one of the most desired best music player for android. It has a huge collection of both old and new songs. Even the recent songs are automatically added to the collection too. The clean and decent layouts of this app are also satisfying. Besides, this app has come with a handful of amazing features, and they are listed below.
- Supports lots of audiobooks and podcasts.
- Provides 3D effect, 5 band equalizers, and 10 presets.
- Offers 25 amazing theme backgrounds, along with the coolest animation.
- Sleep timing is the best of all its features.
- The ringtone cutter is also a great service for this app.
- Also, provide 4 amusing themes and lock screen control approach.
5. Best free music player app for android: Phonograph
Phonograph is one of the few good open-source music player apps among the best music player for android. It bills itself as being simple, lightweight, and easy to use. In most cases, it succeeds. It features a classic, simple Material Design UI. It’s quick to move through as needed.
You can also change the theme if you want, but the theme editor isn’t especially powerful. Along with that, you’ll get Last.fm integration, a tag editor, playlist features, a home screen widget, and some other navigation features. It’s very simple and a great option for those who just want to listen to their music without anything getting in the way. This app is also available with no in-app purchases with Google Play Pass.
- Material Design
- Easy to Use
- Last.fm Integration
- Dynamic Colors
- Tag Editor
- Homescreen widget
- Lockscreen playback controls
6. Best Music Player for Android: Shuttle Music Player
Shuttle is among the best looking best free music player app for android. If a developer makes a Material Design App even better than Google’s own, it deserves special mention. Shuttle has done that and it shows tabs such as artists, albums, etc on the app’s home screen and lets you swipe between these tabs. It also has a neat equalizer and a Suggested tab to help you pick a song quickly from your large library.
- Modern, Material design
- Built-in 6-band equalizer with bass boost
- Gapless playback
- Lyrics (embedded lyrics only, for legal reasons)
- Automatic artwork downloading
- Tons of theme options, including light & dark mode
- Sleep timer
- Extremely customizable widgets
- Last.fm Scrobbling
7. Best free music player app for android: Google Play Music
This is the music player app that ships with Nexus and other ‘stock‘ Android phones. It’s a fairly decent music player that looks good thanks to Material Design. If you just want a player that’ll play your songs, this will serve your needs. But if you prefer to browse by artist, albums, etc, those views are hidden in the sidebar. It also has advanced equalizer settings in the sidebar.
- Supports radio station networks and podcasts.
- Collects over 50k songs for your personal playlists.
- Provides over 35 million songs.
- Recommended new songs in accordance with your taste.
- Provides easy and fast search engine.
- Offers options for a premium membership that may ask to pay money, and it is optional.
8. Best free music player app for android: Music Player 3D Pro
Say hello to another stunning Android music app with amazing sound effects, Music Player 3D Pro. Yes, it is also great to enhance audio quality and make your music experience great. It is also considered as the most featured free best music player for android. This app will always let you enjoy music and songs with different genres and of a different time. Also, you can enjoy those songs being offline. However, let’s have a look at the other features of this app.
- Supports the operating system while being offline.
- Supports almost all types of music formats.
- Let you create a number of playlists to specify your favorite songs.
- Comes with lots of band equalizers.
- Includes sleep timers and weights.
- It can play songs and music in background mode.
9. Best free music player app for android: Lark Player
Many of you often want to have an app that can play both kinds of music of mp3 and from YouTube. So, Lark Payer is presented for you, and it is a peerless music downloader for Android. It is like an all in one app where you will meet a lot of amazing features. But it is really a very lightweight and user-friendly app. You can also customize the background and playlists of your favorite songs. Then, let’s see what’s more it will offer.
- You will find songs of all genres here.
- You can share songs of this app via different social media like Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, Message, etc.
- Supports sleep timer and tag editing.
- Also supports the video player app services.
- Shows lyrics for audio music and subtitles for the video.
- Supports almost all kinds of audio and video formats.
- Provides lots of inbuilt controls and band equalizers.
10. Best free music player app for android: VLC
If you’ll read our list of the best media players for Windows, you’ll find the popular and open-source media player VLC ranked on the topic. So, it made perfect sense for me to try out its Android version for playing MP3 and other audio files.
While VLC might not seem like the most attractive-looking option out there, it’s definitely among the best when it comes to performance and compatibility with different file formats. Most of you might be already knowing VLC as a video and audio player that can play almost anything.
Just like other apps, VLC has a dedicated audio section that scans all the music stored on your phone and sorts all the content in different tabs: Artists, Albums, Tracks, and Genres. The multiple menu/option buttons in different places aren’t very intuitive, but they get the job done. You get features like sleep timer, playback speed adjustment, equalizer, set as ringtone, and other standard features found in almost all the best music player for android.
- Open-source app
- Simple, no-nonsense interface
- Support for lots of file types
Best Paid Music Player For Android
1. Best Paid Music Player For Android: Poweramp Music Player
Price: Free / $3.99
If you already have a vast library of music files and just want a fantastic app to play it, then Poweramp Music Player is the way to go. The app has been around for years on the Play Store and is still being actively developed with new features.
The latest of these updates not only adds a new equalizer and UI, but also bring support for hi-res output. Audiophiles will be more than pleased with what Poweramp can produce, and you can adjust the EQ to help your library sound great.
In addition to offering a great interface and the ability to play all of your music files, Poweramp also has Google Assistant integration and supports Chromecast and Android Auto. If you have a huge music library and are looking for the best music player app, this is the way to go.
- Plays songs from folders and from their own library.
- Embed and standalone .cue files support.
- OpenGL based cover art animation.
- Custom visual themes, a lot of skins available on Google Play.
2. Best Paid Music Player For Android: PlayerPro Music Player
Price: Free / $4.99
PlayerPro Music Player is another lesser-known music app that should be getting a little more traffic. It features a good looking interface that makes everything easy to use along with skins that you can download and install for more customization.
You’ll also get support for playing video, a rare ten band equalizer, Android Auto and Chromecast support, various audio effects, widgets, and some fun little features like the ability to shake the phone to get it to change tracks. It even supports Hi-Fi music (up to 32-bit, 384kHz). You can demo the app for free before forking out the $4.99.
- Browse and play your music in many different ways
- Browse and play your videos by folders.
- Stream your music to your TV or any Chromecast Audio compatible device.
- ID3 Tags editing, in single or batch mode
- Free additional professional DSP plugin
- Music metadata, statistics, and smart playlists
- Import and export music history and ratings
3. Best Paid Music Player For Android: N7player
n7player has a beautifully sleek interface. At this price point where all competing apps pretty much have the same feature set, the interface could be the one deciding factor. And for that, n7player makes a solid case.
The 10-band equalizer, volume normalization, and gapless playback are all great, but n7player’s real selling point is its nuanced approach to organizing your library. Nothing is ever more than a few taps away.
- Plays all most popular filetypes: mp3, mp4, m4a, ogg, wav, 3gp, mid, xmf, ogg, mkv*, flac**, aac**
- Personalize your experience
- Browse through folders, old-school library is here too
- Control your music with a button on your headset
- Connect n7player to our music visualizer – BLW – to bring your home screen alive through music
- control through notifications, widgets, headset buttons, lock screen
4. Best Paid Music Player For Android: Neutron Player
Price: Free trial / $5.99
Neutron Music Player is another music app that isn’t nearly as popular as it probably should be. It features a 32/64-bit audio rendering engine that is (according to the developers) independent of the Android OS.
The idea is that it helps music sound better. It also has a lot of other features, including support for more unique file types (flac, MPC, etc), a built-in equalizer, and a host of other audiophile specific features. It’s a bit expensive and the UI is definitely not the best on the list. However, everything else about it is good.
- 32/64-bit hi-res audio processing (HD audio).
- OS and platform independent decoding and audio processing.
- High quality real-time optional resampling (Quality and Audiophile modes).
- Hardware and Preamp volume controls.
- Graphic EQ mode with 21 common presets
- Output to Chromecast (up to 24-bit, 192 kHz, no limit for a format or DSP effects).
5. Best Paid Music Player For Android: GoneMAD Player
Price: Free trial / $3.99
GoneMAD Music Player is a nifty feature-rich contender for the best Android music player, as it supports a wide variety of file formats and sports a nicely configurable interface.
Covering the ubiquitous MP3 to more esoteric formats like FLAC, OGG, and MPC, GoneMAD should play most music file formats you throw at it, while its wealth of configurable audio effects such as a 10-band equalizer, auto volume adjustment, crossfading and bass boost let you configure playback to your liking. The interface also comes with a wealth of themes based on Holo and Material design.
You can download GoneMAD for free and enjoy it for 14 days before you have to pay $3.99 to unlock the app.
- 1000+ themes (both material and holo)
- Supported audio formats: aac(mp4/m4a/m4b), mp3, ogg, flac, opus, tta, ape, wv, mpc, alac, wav, wma, adts(4.0+), and 3gp(4.0+)
- Flawless gapless playback (mp3 and aac gapless supported on most devices)
- ReplayGain support (track and album gain)
- Cuesheet support (cue file and embedded cues)
- Crossfade (auto and manual transitions)
- Smart Playlists
- Song Ratings